Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oprah has wayyyyyy too much power

Building my case that Oprah seeks to take over the hearts and minds of ALL people, everywhere, not just middle-aged women with time to kill weekday afternoons. Who buy her magazines. And her book club selections. And let Dr. Phil become a television presence. And lend credence to her presidential endorsement. I'll give the woman this much credit: she's damn savvy.

Some argue that Oprah espouses tenets and objects of sturdy moral fiber, etc etc, and that her influence is a guiding light in the detritus that is modern pop culture. I can concede that to a limited extent, but I mostly think giving any one person that much influence is a dangerous idea.

Also, I heard she wears wigs. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment