Tuesday, March 04, 2008

guilted by an elder

I got to yoga 20 minutes early last night, and the sign-in line already snaked around the studio. (Adam is a popular teacher.) It was an overwhelming sight, and I'd already weathered an overwhelming day. An old man leaving the studio - we're talking late 60s - noticed my expression and said, "You have to do it."

"No I don't. I could go to bed," I replied.

"You have to do it!" he insisted. "It's when your brain is telling you not to go that you need it most. Stay."

I looked at the still red-faced senior citizen. No doubt he could yoga circles around me in the 105-degree studio. I leaned down and unzipped my boots. He nodded his approval and exited.

Sorry for a cheesy kicker, but it was the best yoga class of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment