Saturday, September 06, 2008

hockey moms, and dads

I went to the Ledyard Fair last night, because I have no life, and was wandering around in search of a story when I came upon a town council member. He's a sweetheart - fun to joke around with, intelligent, charming - but mega-conservative. So conservative.

"Did you watch the RNC speeches?" he asked me, after introducing me to his 9-year-old daughter.

I told him I'd watched Joe Lieberman's speech, and Sarah Palin's.

"Did you see that Sarah Palin - wasn't she fantastic?" he said, grinning.

"I don't think we can have this conversation," I replied.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a blog post! You're alive!

    Also I've been reading your posts through Google reader, so I didn't see the background until now--it's hilarious, and bittersweet. I hope by the time I make it back to NY, you're there too.

    ReplyDelete